Congratulations, you’ve reached the end of what I’ve written for the Bastards Book of Photography…so far.
I want to keep this book short and to its original goal – a quick guide on how to use your camera’s manual controls – but there’s plenty of topics to cover, including:
- Ambient light versus direct light
- Focus selection
- Focal length and perspective
- The use of flash
- Some tips on street photography and portraiture
I also have a few interactive features I plan to add to make the lessons more useful.
At the very least, I can keep adding photos.
Have any suggestions? Feel free to leave a message in the Feedback section.
If you’re really into details, check out the Github repo.
Thanks for reading and keep shooting! – Dan
- CameraSim: SLR Photography Demystified – one of the best tools I’ve ever seen to understanding exposure
- DPReview – the definitive repository for in-depth reviews
- Snapsort – an excellent site to do quick camera comparisons
- Cambridge in Colour – a beautiful guide to general concepts and theory
- Bernie’s Better Beginner’s Guide to Photography for Computer Geeks Who Want to be Digital Artists – this was one of the most helpful guides for me when I started shooting. I still refer to it from time to time.
- Strobist – I’m not an expert with lighting but this guy is.
- r/photography – Reddit’s active photography community